Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 9

I've already been able to sit down this morning and blog about what's on my heart today, so I just want to encourage you with something I learned last night at Bible study.  There are different seasons of life.  A single person's life looks different than a newly married person's life.  Everyone is in a particular season, and even if someone is in the same season as you, it won't look the same.  So don't look around at other people and feel bad that you can't do the same things they can.  Try not to judge people for making life decisions that you wouldn't.  Don't get discouraged because it feels like life is passing you by.  Make decisions according to the season of life you are in, and according to God's plan for your life.  And try to enjoy your days, because we aren't promised a tomorrow.

~Heather~

1.  Personal
I am so thankful that God chooses to use music to work in my life.  I am not a musician, but God speaks to me through music.  He places a song in my heart that can bring wisdom or encouragement to whatever situation I'm in.

2.  Work/School
I'm so grateful that I can drive my kids to school everyday.  My son is in Kindergarten and I just couldn't picture putting him on a bus at that age.  I rode the bus everyday, so maybe I'm just being overprotective, but it's been 28 years since I was in Kindergarten....times have changed!

3.  Church
There is a woman on the worship team who has an amazing voice.  It's absolutely beautiful.  I am also blessed to be in the same Bible study as her, so I know what a sweet, kind, loving, gracious sister in Christ she is.  I'm so thankful that she allows the Holy Spirit to move through her.  She sang a medley of songs last week that changed the entire mood of the worship service.  You could feel a difference the minute she sang the first note.  It was an amazing time of worship for everyone in attendance.

4.  Family
I am so thankful for my Aunt Diana.  I had the chance to have a conversation with her this morning, and I love that we have the kind of relationship where we can be honest.  She was really sad this morning, and while I didn't have any grand words of advice, and didn't say anything to make her feel better, I'm glad I was available.  She's always been a great role model to me, like a second mother growing up -- that's how often I saw her!  And I really admire her as a person, as a woman, and as a woman of God.  She's been through some hard times, and her class, faith, perseverance and honesty have really shown through.  I love her very much!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words. The word of God says it best in 1 Cor 15:10: "But by the grace of God I am what I am... " I can do nothing apart from God, I am nothing apart from God. It os only His Grace that has gotten me thru my trials. You were great blessing to me yesterday. I love you more.

    ReplyDelete