Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Monday, February 13, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 8


Week 2 already!  Are you finding it difficult to take the time to write out your thankfulness list each day?  I’ve tried to sit down in the morning and do it after I take the kids to school…it worked pretty well until the weekend.  On Saturday and Sunday, all bets are off….for everything!  Between church, family visits, cleaning and keeping the kids busy, I usually don’t have a minute to myself until the kids go to bed.  But I have to be flexible because they are only going to be little once.  If I don’t write it out until night, that’s OK.  It doesn’t mean I haven’t thought about it at all that day – in fact, I usually know exactly what my 4 answers will be because I’ve been thinking about them all day.



Have a blessed day in Jesus,

~Heather~



1.     Personal

Honestly, I still struggle with this category.  I still feel like people reading this will think I’m bragging.  It’s something I need to work through. 



Today I am thankful that I can read.  You know the bumper stickers, “if you can read this, thank a teacher”?  I think of that, because reading is a precious gift.  I love to read; I always have.  In fact, I can remember my parents getting so mad at dinnertime because they would call and call for me, but I was so engrossed in a book I didn’t hear them.  I’d try to read at the dinner table, which didn’t usually work J  I can finish a 400 page book in 1 day.  I just love to read.  I’m thankful for that ability.



2.     Work/School (wherever you spend the majority of your day)

I’m tempted to say I’m thankful for my warm house again, because it’s so cold here today.  It isn’t that it’s so cold, it’s 26 degrees, but we’ve had such a mild winter this is a rough adjustment!  However, I’ll try to be more creative than that! 



I have a cold, so today I’m thankful that I don’t have to leave my house (except to pick up Evan this afternoon.  That gives me plenty of time to rest and prepare for the bible study I lead Monday evenings.



3.     Church

Today is Monday, the day of the ladies Bible study I’m involved in.  I’m so thankful for the study, as well as the group of women from the church who also attend.  They are awesome ladies!  We laugh and talk, but we also have an earnest desire to see God’s best in our lives.  I love them all!



4.     Family

I am thankful for my sister Kristin.  Kristin teaches Kindergarten, and I’ve never seen a better teacher!  She is truly doing what God called her to do.  She’s married with a little boy, so I know it’s hard for her to go to work each day.  But she’s a great teacher and an especially great Mom.  I’m so blessed to have her as a sister.  She has a great heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment