Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 17

Day 17 -- we're more than halfway through.  Are you having to make an effort to find things to be thankful for yet?  Some days are a stretch, to be honest.  But you know what?  Being thankful does take hard work.  We are so conditioned to think, or expect, the worst, that it's hard for us to make our minds transition to optimism.  Have you ever heard the saying that the times you LEAST WANT to pray are the times you MOST NEED to pray?  It's sort of the same concept as being thankful.  The more pessimistic you feel, the more you NEED to choose optimism.  I am finding that once I get through the first category (still the hardest one for me) the rest comes pretty easily.  Once I make myself sit down to make out my list, I'm so glad I did.  I hope you are feeling just as blessed!

~Heather~

Personal
I am thankful that I'm not the kind of person who is caught up in perfection.  Sure, I do the best I can, and I'll try my hardest to not make mistakes, but I've learned that I can't keep beating myself up for making mistakes.  The only thing I can do is learn from them and move on.  Thank goodness God loves me in spite of myself!

School/Work
Once again, I am so thankful that I am home during the day, especially on the days when my Mom gets out of work early.  Then we can spend some time together!  Today is just that day!  Can't wait!

Church
I'm thankful for the church custodian.  I know that I can count on her to have the children's church rooms clean and ready for use each Sunday.  I'm pretty sure she is very underappreciated!

Family
I love that my kids love music.  Listening to them sing is such a blessing for me. They get so excited when we sing at church, or when a worship song they know comes on the radio.  My kids are the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment