Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Monday, February 20, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 15

We're halfway there!  Congratulations on making it this far!  And if you're like me, you may have missed a day.  My prayer is that you noticed a difference on the day(s) you missed.  I know I did.  And it's something I don't want to happen again.

Day 15!

Personal
I never used to like other people's kids.  If you know me, you might find this comment hysterical!  I lead my church's Children's Ministry.  How can someone who only likes her own kids lead a ministry like this, you might be asking?  Well it's not through my own strength!  I truly believe it was something supernatural.  There was no flash of lightning -- nothing hit me on the head.  I just felt like God wanted me to take over this ministry.  I think the biggest thing for me, was that I was obedient.  And once I was obedient to His will, God gave me an overwhelming love for each child in my church.  So today, I am thankful for the love I have for the children in my church.

School/Work
I'm thankful for days like this, when I can spend the day at home with my kids, setting up the fish tank they've been begging for!

Church
I'm feeling thankful for the pastors in my church -- these are men who stand up for, and support ministry leaders.  That kind of support is immeasurable.

Family
There really no rules that said we couldn't be thankful for the same thing throughout the course of this 30 days.  My husband is such a good man.  I am so thankful for him.  Is he perfect?  No.  But he's perfect for me.  He has to put up with me on a daily basis, and I'll admit to being kind of high maintenance.  I get my feelings hurt easily, I get lonely easily, I'm insecure.  But he still loves me.  I've kind of tested this the last few days (not on purpose).  They've been rough days for me since I gave up caffeine cold turkey (unintentionally, but that is another story).  I've been mean and miserable, but he hasn't gotten mean or miserable in return.  In fact, he's been loving and understanding, even when I haven't wanted to be around him!  I've got a good husband, and I'm so thankful for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment