Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Sunday, February 12, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 7


The end of our first week!  I’m so excited!  What are some things God is teaching you through this exercise?  I’m learning that it really takes a concentrated effort to be thankful.  It’s so easy to slip back into the old habit of being discouraged when things go wrong.  I think Thursday was finally my breakthrough day.  I was worrying about the outcome of a specific situation, when God brought an old song to my mind.  It was Jehovah Jireh.  I was trying to focus on my blessings when this song came to mind and I was struck that God is MY provider.  These blessings I’m thankful for are God’s way of providing for me.  He has supplied me with everything I have.  Not that I really spent a lot of time analyzing it before, but I guess I always thought of God providing for me in terms of providing family, or shelter or food – necessities.  But God provided my hair, my husband, my church family, my kids – all the things I am thankful for.  It’s certainly eye-opening when you look at it this way. 



I just want to leave you with an encouragement.  When we are open, and really focusing on living as God wants, that includes being thankful in all circumstances, that is when God can really mold and change us.  I pray that you find yourself being changed



In Him,

~Heather~



1.     Personal

I’m thankful I can sing.  I am NOT a singer, I don’t have a good voice.  I am capable of singing.  And I was so thankful for that voice this morning during worship at church.  There are others ways to worship God, but this morning during worship was such a personal time for me to sing the words on the screen directly to my Heavenly Father.



2.     Work/School (wherever you spend the majority of your day)

I am thankful for my stove/oven.  If you know me, I am always complaining about how I need a new one.  I think one of the burners isn’t working right, and it doesn’t match the rest of my appliances.  But really, what would I do without it?  What did people do before stoves?  I would not want to live like that.  Plus, a new stove would probably cost around $800 or so, and I am thankful to not have to spend that kind of money on one right now.  3 little kids are expensive!



3.     Church

I’m thankful for my worship Pastor and his leading by the Holy Spirit.  Worship was amazing today….there is just something about the old hymns and choruses.



4.     Family

I am thankful for my sister Jessica.  See is a wonderful sister and friend.  I can always count on her to tell me the true, in a nice way.  She will do anything for anybody.  She really has a great heart, and really loves God.  She has a weight loss blog called, Pudget: Losing Weight on a Budget. It’s a really great site with amazing low fat recipes and ideas.  She is also married, with 2 girls, and she works full-time.  I’m mostly thankful because she doesn’t get mad when I call her when she’s at work J

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my wife and children who teach me so much about life and they refine me to be better than I am now. I am also thankful for my other family members in WV, PA, SC, KY, RI, CA, and other places near and far. They are always in my thoughts and prayers even though I don't get to see them very often. Love, David Bang.

    ReplyDelete