Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Friday, February 17, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 12

My kids are home from school today....apparently, it's a holiday weekend.  Sigh.  I'm kidding, it hasn't been that bad.  But if you really want to wish it were spring, or at least wish it was nice enough (dry enough) outside to go out and play, get stuck inside the house with 2 whiny kids and a baby for a day!  Thank goodness there is a children's fair at the mall tomorrow and we can get out of the house! 

Personal
My husband is on call this weekend.  I'm thankful that I thought ahead this week and bought enough food to cook tonight.  It sounds funny, but we do usually eat out on Friday nights.  But when he's on call, you just never know if he'll be busy, or get no calls at all.  It's stressful for me because when we're out and he gets paged, I have to keep the kids quiet while he talks to a patient.  And you know how kids are...the minute you get on the phone, all heck breaks loose!  I'm thankful for homemade fried chicken tonight!

Work/School
I am thankful that I don't really 'have' to go anywhere on days when it's impossible to get a shower....like today.

Church
I'm thankful for....Amazon and Oriental Trading Company, and all the other businesses I order children's church craft supplies from.  Just got a huge delivery of construction paper in the mail this week!  No more digging around, praying you can find 7 pieces of green construction paper for your class...ha ha

Family
I know I already said I'm thankful for him, but I am choosing my hubby again.  He puts up with a lot from me.  I'm kind of high maintenance....I can be moody, selfish, mean, cranky, exhausted, whiny...and he still loves me!  Oh and if I wouldn't have married him, I'd never have learned about my love of Korean food....

No comments:

Post a Comment