Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Saturday, February 11, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 6


I bet you thought I forgot!  Nope, today has just been crazy!  I haven’t had 2 seconds to sit down and post this.  We have my parents, sisters and their husbands and our nieces and nephew over for dinner to celebrate my Dad’s birthday.  I made 4 homemade Stromboli, veggie pizza, mondoo (Korean egg rolls) and a cream cheese and basil bruscetta.   It was amazing, but man am I tired!



I pray you had a great day in Him

~Heather~



1.     Personal

I’m thankful I have thick hair.  It’s falling out like crazy since Alexa was born.  It’s really been bugging me lately since there is so much in the drain each morning, but I’ve decided to see it 2 ways.

a.     I’m not going to go bald because my hair is so crazy think.

b.     I don’t have to pay to have it thinned at the hair dresser.



2.     Work/School (wherever you spend the majority of your day)

I’m thankful for the ability to have my family over to my house to celebrate birthdays, holidays or just to hang out!  We’ve had to set up a kids table in the living room, and we may get cramped sometimes, but we always have a good time!



3.     Church

I’m thankful for all the kids I teach in Children’s Church.  It’s so amazing to see how much they change and grow each year.  I love them all!



4.     Family

My daughter, Allyson, is my sunshine.  She tends to drive me crazy but you will not find another fun, creative, imaginative little girl anywhere.  For example, today she referred to herself in the 3rd person all day long.  There are days when she won’t answer me unless I call her princess __________ (insert princess name here.)  She is obsessed with mermaids….today our kitchen floor was the ocean and she had to ‘dive’ into it to find something; thank goodness I’d just mopped the floor!  She also loves fairies, but today her wing was broken so she couldn’t fly.  Her favorite game is ‘Let’s Pretend.”  Never heard of it?  It goes like this:

a.     “Mommy, let’s pretend this is  my make-up.”

b.     “Mommy, let’s pretend you’re the baby and I’m the Mommy.”

c.      “Mommy, let’s pretend that I can drive the car.”

d.     “Mommy, let’s pretend Alexa is my baby.”



You get the picture.  I love this little girl so much.  She keeps me on my toes, that’s for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment