Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 3


30 Days of Thankful


Day 3 already!  I hope you are as encouraged as I am.  Yesterday, I began to feel sorry for myself, worrying about a situation out of my control.  God reminded me of my goal of being thankful in all circumstances.  And once I started thanking God for the items on my list, reminding myself that God blessed me with them, I felt peace that I could indeed trust Him with the circumstance that was causing me to worry.  And the most amazing thing:  God is now moving in that situation!!  I won't give specifics, just be assured that this is a situation that can only be resolved with God's intervention....and that's what He is doing!  I am so blessed, excited, awed and encouraged!

Here goes day 3!

1. Personal
I am thankful for my education.  I have dual degrees in English and Secondary Education.  I taught for a couple years in North Carolina after I got married, but since having children, I have chosen to stay at home with them.  My only son, my oldest child, is almost 6 and in Kindergarten; my oldest daughter is 4 and in pre-school; my youngest, the baby, is 10 months old.  Lately I've been giving some thought to going back to work, but I struggle with the idea of not being there for my kids.  I don't have to go back to work, I just sometimes miss adult interaction.  Then yesterday, while speaking to my son's teacher, I mentioned that I used to be a teacher and she got so excited!  She wanted to know when, or if, I'd be interested in subbing at the Christian school my kids attend.  Truthfully, I'd never thought of it.  But now I am because I could choose how many days a week I would work, and because the school is K-12, plus they also have a preschool/daycare on site, I would have a place for my kids.  A place I know, love and trust!  I'm going to keep praying about it, but I'm thankful for my education that gives me these kinds of options.
2. Work/School (wherever you spend the majority of your day)
Today is cold here in North Central PA, so I am thankful for the warmth of my house!  My husband reminded me to wear my coat this morning, but me, being stubborn, insisted that I didn't need it.  Let me tell you, I was so glad to get back in my car after dropping the kids off at school!  I was even more glad to get back into my nice, warm house!
3. Church
I'm thankful that God put Children's Ministry in my heart around 18 months ago.  In 2010, I became a co-leader of this ministry at our church.  I've been so blessed since that time!  It's hard work, and I do miss a lot of services, but seeing the kids in the church growing spiritually and knowing that they are learning more about what following Christ looks like make all the hard work and sacrifices worth it.  I never saw myself in children's ministry....ever.  I did it once, a long time ago, and I got burned out.  But God gave me a love for these kids.  I can't even begin to describe it; all I can say is I feel like these are my kids, and it's my privilege to be one of their teachers.
4. Family
My baby is sick today.  She's running at 102+ fever.  Plus she has a very stuffy nose and major congestion.  I feel so bad for her.  Today, I am thankful for her, my Miss Alexa Kim.  I never thought I'd have a 3rd baby, especially after suffering a miscarriage a year before.  It wasn't that I didn't want another baby, I was just scared.  What if it happened again?  I also get really sick during my pregnancies, and I was worried about taking care of Evan and Ally.  So we had decided that we were happy with 2 kids.  But God had other plans...thank goodness!  I was so surprised when I found out I was pregnant again.  And I was terrified!  I didn't want to spend my entire pregnancy a nervous wreck.  But God was gracious, and really took away my fears.  And He blessed me with the most amazing, beautiful, smart, funny baby I could have imagined.  She's my miracle baby!



Pictures of my miracle baby!

Have a great day!  And remember, God loves you so much!  Choose Him today!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog; it is really encouraging and uplifting. I love the options God puts in our lives, and how he answers our prayers! Your family has a special place in my and my wife’s hearts! We will pray for you (and your family) for the possibility of working again in what may be a really great environment and set up. Keep up the great work!
    J&G Bloom

    ReplyDelete