Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

30 Days of Thankful -- Day 2

Good Morning!!  How did day 1 go?  It was the first day, so I was pretty excited to get started.  This morning....well, let's just say I might have to think a little bit harder this morning.  The baby was up 4 times last night -- she's developed a cold or something the past couple days so she's stuffy and coughing and I think she has a sore throat.  So...I'm tired.  But tired or not, I still have so much to be thankful for!  My goal for today is to think about this list more often today.  I want thankfullness to become second nature to me.  I really hope you want that too!  

So here goes!  DAY 2!

30 Days of Thankful
1. Personal
I'm thankful I'm a good cook!   You might laugh, but when we got married, my husband was really scared.  He knew my Mom was a good cook, but I had a hard time boiling water.  And it did take a couple....or 6.....months, but I eventually got the hang of it.  And now I really enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes.  So I'm thankful that God helped me be persistent and not give up after the undercooked chicken incident, or all the thick, lumpy gravy fiascos!

       2. Work/School (wherever you spend the majority of your day)
I'm thankful for more than 1 bathroom in my house.  I have 2 sisters, and growing up we had 1 bathroom in our house.  You can imagine the number of times when that was a problem!  So now that we have 3 kids, I am so grateful to have more than 1 bathroom.  Now, the only bathroom fighting comes from the kids arguing over who gets to use the downstairs bathroom.

3. Church
I am so thankful for my pastor, who isn't afraid to preach on the topics others might steer clear of.  He is led by the Holy Spirit, and his sermon this past Sunday was something I really needed to hear, and learn from.
4. Family
My husband is my best friend, and today (and everyday!) I'm thankful for him.  We've been dealing with some issues the past few weeks, not between us, but with someone who seems intent on dragging us down.  I'll admit, I've been really angry.  But my husband has remained calm, often talking me down when I'm ready for an ugly confrontation with this person.  He has done his best to help me understand my need to forgive this person, and to understand how sad the situation is, and how this person needs our prayers, love and pity, not our wrath.  He is the voice of reason; he isn't afraid to tell me (usually lovingly :)) when he thinks I'm making a mistake.  And while that isn't always easy to hear, I respect him for that.  He is the spiritual leader in our home, and works long hours to provide for us.  He is following God's calling for his life, even when it's difficult for him.  He is also a wonderful father who would do anything for his kids.  He helps around the house and is an elder at our church, as well as part of the worship team, and he even helps out with children's ministry when I  need him to.  I love him so much!

As always, I'd love to hear from you.  What are you thankful for today?

Have a wonderful day in the Lord
~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment