Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pinterest

Pinterest Logo

Can I tell you how in love I am with Pinterest?  In case you don't know what Pinterest is, I'll explain.  According to their website, 'Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.  Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.'  Basically, people find neat ideas or themes or pictures on the internet, then 'pin' them (post them) onto their Pinterest page that is organized into boards (categories).  You get to create your own categories and it's such a great place to keep all your ideas organized!  There have been so many times in the past that I've found an idea on the web, then closed out the page, never to find it (or remember it) again.  Well not anymore!  If I find a site I love, or an awesome idea, I can just 'pin' it a board on Pinterest.  People who follow me can see my boards and what I've pinned.  And I can see the pins of the people I follow!  So I'm constantly getting great new inspirations!  I can't wait until I can start planning for valentines day, because I found a really awesome Valentine craft for my kids to take to school. 

I love Pinterest and have found so many great things like crafts, DIY home improvement, recipes and even party ideas!  I even had my husband looking at it last night!  And while he appreciates the crafty things I work on, he isn't what I'd call crafty -- he's supportive :)  Granted we were looking at Star Wars and Legos party ideas, but hey, at least we were talking and spending time together, right?  And as a wife whose husband works long hours, and the mother of 3 young kids, sometimes you have to take what you can get!

**You do need an invite to join Pinterest, but if you go to their main page you can request an invite.  It only took a few days for me to get my invite! 

I'll be posting some of the neat Pinterest projects I've done in the next few weeks, so stay tuned!  I'm a little obsessed!  Let me know what your favorite Pinterest project is!  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment