Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas, Birthday parties and stomach flu, OH MY!

OH BOY!  Welcome to my first blog post!  I'm starting the blog so that I can keep a record of the crafts and birthday party ideas I've come up with over the years.  It's been a crazy few weeks at our house, so I figured this was the best time to start something new.  lol. 

Christmas is always a great time of year for me.  It's such an amazing time of year!  Celebrating the birth of my Savior really gives me a chance to reflect on everything He's done for me throughout the year.  Sometimes I just get so caught up in life and being busy with my three kids that I don't always fully appreciate God's blessing in my life.  But they are there.  God has blessed me in abundance.  I've got an amazing husband, who despite his demanding career as a family physician, manages to help me around the house and with the kids more than most.  He is also on the worship team at church, as well as an elder there, and he co-leads our lifegroup.  He's busy!  But he's my best friend, my partner, the person I can always talk to, the love of my life.  I don't know what I'd ever do without him.  God's also blessed me with 3 beautiful children -- Evan (5), Allyson (4) and Alexa (9 months).  They are my world!  You'll be hearing alot about them!  I also have an amazing family, including my in-laws, and great friends.  My life is far from perfect; I am far from perfect.  But I am God's creation.  The Bible says I was made in His image and that God has a plan for my life.  He is continually molding me into the woman He wants me to be.  I'm not perfect, but though God's grace, I am forgiven.  But I guess this is my first 'confession.'  I don't spend anywhere near enough time thanking God for the way He's working in my life.  So Christmas is a great time for that, and my goal for this year, is to be more thankful!

My Ally just turned 4 this week.  Every year her birthday sneaks up on me!  It's only 3 weeks after Christmas and I always end up planning it at the last minute because I cannot think about anything in the new year until the old year has gone.  Who has time for party planning while you're trying to get ready for Christmas? 

However, Ally's birthday was fast on its way, and in true 4-year old girl fashion, she wanted a princess party.  But she had a princess party last year, so I managed to convince her (and if you knew my daughter, you'd know what a feat the was!) that she wanted a Tinkerbell party!  Once she was onboard, I got started looking at favors.  I always say that I'm going to make it easy on myself and buy the bags filled with the stuff to make 8 favor bags....and I said that again this time!  But then I found myself on Pinterest (my current favorite website of choice, besides facebook of course) looking at the neat Tinkerbell stuff.  I found an awesome party favor (not Tinkerbell related at all) and with the help of my great friend, Sabrina, I found a way to turn it into a Tinkerbell party favor!  Tune in after a couple days and I'll post pics of the whole process!

In the meantime, the stomach flu has shown up in our house.  My 9 month old Alexa started with it Monday night.  None of the rest of us has gotten it, thank goodness, but I've been sticking pretty close to home this week so she can rest as much as possible.  That means late night Wal-Mart trips for birthday supplies, and it's been pretty cold this week!

Stay tuned!  I'll soon be posting projects I've completed, as well as projects I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment