Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Monday, January 23, 2012

DIY Table Centerpieces



It seems like I'm always looking for that perfect centerpiece for my dining table.  Do you know what I mean? It has to be seasonally neutral, able to be kept out for holidays....or does it? A friend of mine came across a DIY centerpiece on Pinterest, and I just took the basic idea and made it my own. The best part of all is that everything came from my local Dollar Tree!  What's even better is that you can change the decorations in the vase for every season or holiday.  I made mine in early December, so they are decorated for Christmas.
To start out, you'll need:
  • your hot glue gun

  • Glass vases -- I used a mix of tall, rounded top vases and smaller, straight vases for mine.

  • Glass Candle holders

First, take all stickers and price tags off glass vases and candle holders.  Next, using your hot glue gun, glue around the top edge of the candle holder.  Immediately put the glass vase on top. **You only get one chance at this.  Once you put it on, you're not going to be able to move it.**


Once you've glued all your 'vases' together it's time to decorate!  I used christmas balls from Dollar Tree and some red silk flowers I'd picked up there at the same time.  For the vases with the flowers, I used some water beads in the bottom to make it sparkle and pick up the light from the hanging light and windows.





I was very pleased with how these turned out!  I made 9 vases (3 full centerpieces) for $20 and ended up giving a set to my Mom and one of my sisters.  I took them to a ladies brunch that was held at my church a few days after I made them.  We had an ornament exchange and someone tried to take one of the vases home when her name was called, so I would call this DIY craft a success!


The last 2 pictures of the table my sister and I decorated with centerpieces I made.  Don't they look pretty?

Now that Christmas is over, it's time to change the decorations.  I'm thinking Valentine's Day!  Candy hearts and red flowers, anyone?  Let me know what you would use to to decorate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment